MMPDS-17 Chapter 8
Metallic Materials Properties Development and Standardization (MMPDS):
CHAPTER 8 - STRUCTURAL JOINTS
This document has not been validated by ESDU. It is provided to our users as a useful reference source.
This chapter, while comprising three major parts, primarily is concerned with joint allowables. Part 8.1 is concerned with mechanically fastened joints; Part 8.2, with metallurgical joints (various welding and brazing processes). Part 8.3 contains information for structural component data; it is concerned with bearings, pulleys, and cables.
With particular reference to Part 8.1, the introductory section (8.1.1) contains fastener indexes that can be used as a quick reference to locate a specific table of joint allowables. Following this introductory section are five sections comprising the five major fastener categories, as shown in Table 8.0.1.
|Table 8.0.1 Structural Joints Index (Fastener Type)|
|8.1.4||Swaged Collar Fasteners|
In each of the five major sections, there are subsections that describe the factors to be considered in determining the strength of fasteners and joints. After each major section, pertinent tables are presented.
Similarly, Part 8.2 has an introductory section (8.2.1), followed by two major sections comprising different metallurgical joints as shown in Table 8.0.2.
|Table 8.0.2 Structural Joints Index (Joining Methods)|
|22.214.171.124||Flush and pressure|
|126.96.36.199||Spot and seam|
Following each 4-digit section, applicable tables and figures for the particular section are presented.
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 1 - INTRODUCTION
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 2 - STEEL ALLOYS
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 3 - ALUMINUM ALLOYS
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 4 - MAGNESIUM ALLOYS
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 5 - TITANIUM ALLOYS
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 6 - HEAT-RESISTANT ALLOYS
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 7 - MISCELLANEOUS ALLOYS AND HYBRID MATERIALS
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 8 - STRUCTURAL JOINTS (this Chapter)
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 9 - GUIDELINES
|MMPDS-17 Chapter 8|
The document you have requested is available only to subscribers.
- Subscribers login here.
- If you are not an ESDU subscriber find out how to subscribe.