Aircraft performance program. Part 5: detailed input and output. Program APP02.
The ESDU Aircraft Performance Program is a suite of programs to predict the performance of an aircraft design for which appropriate aerodynamic and powerplant data are available.
The programs are written in ANSI FORTRAN and are supplied as compiled executable binary (*.EXE) files for use under any 32-bit or 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating system.
The suite of programs uses SI units internally. The user has the option to provide input in other sets of units or in mixtures of units. Output is in units compatible with the user input.
The user can specify the input data either as constant values or as tables of data varying with a range of possible variables. Engine performance data can be accepted for several sets of jets and propellers having different performance per engine in each set. It is assumed that the engine data are applicable to "fully-installed" conditions (i.e. the data have been corrected, for example, for intake spillage, base drag and aerodynamic interferences) but provision is made for additional thrust factors and incremental aerodynamic effects which can be functions of engine-dependent variables.
The suite accepts both untrimmed and trimmed aerodynamic data. Routines are provided for trimming both conventional aft-tailed and canard designs.
The documentation for the Flight Performance and Interpolation programs consists of the following Data Items.
- Part 1: Introduction (ESDU 00031)
- Part 2: Installing and running (ESDU 00032)
- Part 3: Brief guide (ESDU 00033)
- Part 4: Brief form of input and output (ESDU 00034)
- Part 5: Detailed input and output (ESDU 00035)
- Part 6: Examples of application (ESDU 00036)
- Part 7: Error messages (ESDU 00037)
- Part 8: Program description (ESDU 00038)
- Part 9: Program testing (ESDU 00039)
- Aircraft Performance Estimation
- Ambient Pressure
- Calibrated Airspeed
- Equivalent Airspeed
- Geopotential Altitude
- Gravitational Acceleration
- Lift Limit
- Mach Number
- Pull-Out or Pull-Up Manoeuvre
- Radius of Turn
- Rate of Climb
- Rate of Descent
- Rate of Turn
- Specific Air Range
- Specific Endurance
- Specific Excess Power
- Static Pressure
- Turning Manoeuvre
|Data Item ESDU 00035|